Upcoming Events
  • 5/1-5/23 TESTING
  • 5/23 SENIOR BREAKFAST
  • 5/24 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The Online Source for J.W. Mitchell High School News

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Print Edition

Class ring? Is it a thing?

Students get pulled out of class for a presentation by Herff Jones to try and motivate them to buy class apparel and memorabilia.
10th+grade+students+watch+the+presentation+in+the+Gym+after+getting+released+from+class+during+1st+period.+
Averi O’Connor
10th grade students watch the presentation in the Gym after getting released from class during 1st period.

Yesterday, November 9th,  the Herff Jones Company came to the school to give an annual presentation on class apparel that consisted of class rings, jackets, and other memorabilia.

Some students enjoyed the presentation and would consider buying some of the items- if the prices were more reasonable and affordable to the budgets of the population. 

“I guess it’s cool because I can get a jacket because the jacket is pretty nice, but the stuff is a bit pricey and I don’t know if I would drop 300 on a school jacket, ” Evan Tropness (‘23) said. 

Student Breanna Fields (‘23) also felt the same way about the prices.

“I wouldn’t buy a ring, but if I did it would be like 400 dollars which is a bit unrealistic,” Fields said              

Many others only enjoyed the presentation because they were able to miss part of their class. 

“I was able to get out of class so that was pretty cool,” Austin Whitaker(‘26) said.

Reina Whitehead (‘26) thought the presentation was unnecessary and should have been voluntary since no one paid attention to the presenters. 

“It was nice to miss the first period but it was boring, it was a waste of my time and I feel like you should be able to have the option not to go because no one paid attention anyways,” Whitehead said.

If you want to look at the items they have for sale go on: https://www.herffjones.com/product/class-rings-jewelry website.