Upcoming Events
  • 5/1-5/23 TESTING
  • 5/23 SENIOR BREAKFAST
  • 5/24 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The Online Source for J.W. Mitchell High School News

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Print Edition

Line-dancing the night away

Seniors discuss their opinions on line dancing, and give details into their experiences with it

With many seniors transitioning to official adulthood, they start to experience things that they weren’t able to before. One popular activity is to go line dancing. While this isn’t a new thing, many students are just reaching the age of being able to go and experience this. Alexandra Sanders (’24) had a line dancing birthday party, and plans on going often.

“I absolutely love it. I’m probably going every other weekend, I would one hundred percent recommend it to everyone as it’s fun even if you don’t know how to,” Sanders said.

Laura Thapaliya (’24) recently turned 18, and has been trying to go to the Stockyard weekly. She shares her thoughts of her past experiences at the Stockyard.

“It’s super nerve-wracking at first because you feel like everyone else knows what to do. Eventually it gets to be really fun and the nerves go away as you slowly learn each dance from the people around you,” Thapaliya said.

While some people may not like the country scene, Sanders describes some of the reasons why she loves to go line dancing.

“It’s fun to learn and let loose. I love it because who doesn’t love to dance and enjoy the moment and you meet so many new people, it’s a sense of community,” Sanders said. 

Thapaliya expresses some of the reasons why she loves to go line dancing, and how you can make the dances your own.

“My favorite thing about line dancing is that even though everyone is technically doing the same dance, you have the ability to put your own spin on it. Basically, no one does the dance the exact same way,” Thapaliya said.

Thapaliya also went line dancing for her birthday, and reflects on her first time at the Stockyard.

“My most memorable moment was probably the first time Caitlin and I walked into the Stockyard on my birthday because it was such a new experience for both of us. I would definitely recommend that everyone try it because it’s a great way to have fun, meet people, and stay active. Also, I love dancing,” Thapaliya said.

Caitlin Amodeo (’24) also goes line dancing at the Stockyard, she goes with Thapaliya, and her boyfriend Thompson.

“I’ve had a lot of fun line dancing, it’s been a great time learning all the new dances and meeting people. It’s a great way to get out and do something new. I try to go about once a week so I can stay consistent with it and continue learning the dances and specific steps while retaining what I learned last week,” Amodeo said.

While line dancing may not be an activity for everyone, those that reflect on their experiences of line dancing and the Stockyard have nothing but good things to say.