Upcoming Events
  • 5/1-5/23 TESTING
  • 5/23 SENIOR BREAKFAST
  • 5/24 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The Online Source for J.W. Mitchell High School News

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Print Edition

Fall on the screen

People have many shows that they like to watch to get in the fall spirit.

Fall officially started on September 23, but in Florida, it hasn’t felt like fall yet with temperatures in the eighties and high seventies. These temperatures don’t represent fall, this leads people to watch fall shows or movies to obtain the fall feeling.

Addison Phipps (‘26) watches lots of movies and has some for every season. For fall she watches Harry Potter because of a tradition with her family

“Watching Harry Potter is a tradition bc my family just loves it and we watch it every year but we watch it around fall time. So, I’ve probably seen it a million times. I think it just gives off the fall aesthetic.” Phipps said

Addison Westrich(‘27) isn’t a big fan of rewatching shows or movies but she has a few favorites that help her get that fall feeling.

“I like to watch Gilmore Girls, Hocus Pocus, Clue, Edward Scissorhands, and Beetlejuice. I like to watch these all year round so I’ve seen most of them at least five times each even though I dont love to rewatch shows.” Westrich said.

Lucy Breitenbach (‘24) also loves to watch Gilmore Girls during the fall. Even though she thinks the weather affects their fall feeling more.

“I like to watch Gilmore Girls, especially the first season because of the hayrides and fall vibes but it’s hard for it to feel like fall when I walk outside and it is still super hot. But while watching the show it feels like fall” Breitenbach said.

Madelyn Apple’s (‘26) favorite show for fall is one you don’t hear about watching during fall very often.

“My favorite show to watch is Bridgerton. I watch it year round but I think it goes well with late fall when the weather starts to get cooler. I just think the overall color scheme and mood gives me a fall feeling,” Apple said.

Since Florida often does not participate in the typical fall weather patterns, residents often feel the need to get their dose of autumn vibes from the television shows and movies that they watch and rewatch are a crucial part of getting those fall feelings.