Upcoming Events
  • 5/1-5/23 TESTING
  • 5/23 SENIOR BREAKFAST
  • 5/24 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The Online Source for J.W. Mitchell High School News

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Print Edition

An increase in allowance.

With many new laws being passed this year state-wide, the Pasco County school district has made a 10% total increase in their overall budgeting towards this year’s funds.
Student Kassidy Von Husen (‘24) reviews the information found on Lakerlutznews.com to conclude that the ten percent increase for the schools of Pasco County will provide an extra $189,409,710 on top of the already planned $1,806,612,023.

The new yearly budget increase will give teachers and staff more stipend to ensure students have the proper learning supplies and other additional scholastic technologies. These supplemental and technological additions can be as little as simple classroom and backpack necessities to higher advances in machinery around campus.

This allowance rise will open new opportunities for students and staff members countywide towards the future of Pasco County Schools.

Kassidy Von Husen (‘24) explains how she believes the future of schooling could be with this new implementation.

“If the schools policy stays the same for the future students of Pasco County, then students around the area who may intensely be struggling with financial hardships can be benefited in a great way making it easier for students to be able to rely on the school for technology if not provided at homes,” Von Husen said.

Allowing this year’s budget to be increased for our learning foundations of Pasco County, many students are expected to see a variety of outcomes, and many believe it will only be positive. This opportunity will open chances for students to achieve a better education County wide.

Alyssa Baker (‘24), a student studying closely with business explains why she has confidence in regards towards the years to come for Pasco County school district.

“In these upcoming years that this new increase in overall budget for our schools is enacted, I can predict that a large variety of our district will be positively affected, whether it be implementing a better structure for our schooling society, or providing the necessary salaries needed to help our staff,” Baker said.

Carrying through with this year’s budget plan, the Pasco Schooling District creates many opportunities to turn these schools into something the future can depend on.