Upcoming Events
  • 5/1-5/23 TESTING
  • 5/23 SENIOR BREAKFAST
  • 5/24 LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
The Online Source for J.W. Mitchell High School News

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

The Hoofbeat

Print Edition

Sza Tour ‘23

Sza started the second leg of her world tour.
Isabella Vargas (’26) and her friend Alexandra Florida (’26) went to the SZA concert together. Photo Provided by: Isabella Vargas

SZA a singer of the popular R/B style music recently started the second leg of her North American tour in Miami Florida and her second stop was Amelie Arena. According to Billboard SZA’s tour grossed 34.5 million dollars and she has sold two hundred and thirty eight thousand tickets. During the concert there were a few set malfunctions and a few extra songs. But several students who attended the concert had an amazing time.

Michelina Damianakis (‘25) was sitting in section one hundred thirty and said her view was amazing, she has been a fan of SZA for a long time.

“I have waited years to see SZA, I went with one of my best friends, we had an amazing view and it was easily one of my favorite concerts of all time.” said Damianakis.

Isabella Vargas (‘26) has been a SZA fan since 2019 and she has wanted to see her in concert since then.

“I loved the whole thing but I’d say my favorite part was when she sang an unreleased song. Throughout the concert you can really hear her vocals but during “Diamond Boy” you could hear them even better because everyone was quiet and in shock. including me.” Vargas said.

Vargas also talked about the disrupting  set malfunction during and before the show

“The set malfunctions were kind of annoying that’s why the show took a while to start but it didn’t really bother me because in the end you sang the songs and got to talk with the crowd for a little.” Vargas said.

Megan Flavin (‘24) goes to quite a few concerts and SZA was one of the best for many reasons but mainly the set.

“My favorite was the set, there were a lot of set changes and outfit changes that made the whole concert more exciting because every break she took something new would happen when she came back out.” Flavin said.

The SZA concert was well worth it for SZA fans. She has my positives about her concert, although there was some malfunctions, she made up for it in the end.