Talent Show Winners

On Tues. Mar. 8, many students at the high school competed during the talent show.

Mattox Sartori

The photo shows Julienne Sochacki (‘23) smiling after her performance. Photo provided by Alyssa baker (‘24)

Mattox Sartori, staff reporter

This year’s production of the talent show was hosted by the FBLA club (Future Business Leaders of America) and consisted of 6 acts. Throughout the six acts, Juliene Sochacki’s performance singing Rise Up by Andra Day, won over the judge’s votes, making Sochacki the winner of the talent show.

Julienne discusses her background as a singer, and her performance at the talent show.

“I discovered my singing talent when I was a little kid but started my training at the age of 12. Singing in my church and events like weddings prepared me for the contest because of the larger crowd building up my confidence, although I was still pretty nervous because the show required me to sing in front of my peers. Before the show I rehearsed my chosen song Rise up, I choose the song because there is a lot of hardships that everyone is facing right now, like feeling overwhelmed, at least I do at some points,” Sochacki said.

Second place winner of the talent show went to Marlee Michael (‘23) after singing Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You”.

Marlee explains her reasons why she choose the song, along with what she believes she could have done better for the show.

“I just think it is a really nice song, but I do connect to it in the way that I have drifted from some of the people in my life, but I still care about them and wish them the best, I practiced a lot and made sure that I stayed hydrated before my act. I think that I could improve on my general performing skills,” Michael said.

John Habib (‘22) placed third overall for the talent show winners, by singing an original song wrote by himself.

During this years talent show production, many students competed to win the show, and many students showed their talents to their peers. Next year during march madness week make sure to support your classmates, and even take part in the show.